Thank You for visiting Be Inspired Today. We are an Online Spiritual Community that loves to discuss spiritual ideas, books & teachers that have changed our lives!

Please feel free to look around.


Links to Spiritual Coaching Sessions, 'A Course in Miracles' orientated Courses and Counselling and more can be accessed from our site! www.beinspiredtoday.net

Everyone is welcome!

Many Blessings,

Julieanne



Monday, 4 August 2008

Persistence

“Fortunes gravitate to men whose minds have been prepared to “attract” them, just as surely as water gravitates to the ocean” Napoleon Hill

Hi Everyone!

Chapter 9 gives us the opportunity to consider why we might be lacking in persistence. Persistence is the combination of will-power and desire. If your desires are not strong enough you will lack the willingness to engage the power of persistence. When you have a burning desire to achieve your goals, the habit of persistence will guarantee results. If you are lacking in persistence you can usually find the cause to be in your weak desires.

Will-power is often something that conjures up ideas of sacrifice, lack, struggle and punishment. However as we have been reading through previous chapters we have come to understand that defeat is only ever the result of plans that are not sound, and more importantly defeat is temporary – unless of course you decide to accept it as failure. So all that you need to do is make new plans and keep going. Possessing will-power is the commitment to making these new plans and seeing them through until we have attained our goals.

Hill states that

“The hidden Guide lets no one enjoy great achievement without passing the PERSISTENCE TEST.”

Happy Manifesting!

Julieanne

6 comments:

LITeacher said...

I totally agree! This happens to me all the time. Especially with my weight. I struggle with persistance. I start out great, eating well and exercising and all that. I lose some weight. But after a while, I lose my patience and my persistance and give up. Thanks for the wake up. I will have to remember "Persistence". Back to the treadmill in the morning!

Julieanne Paige said...

It is the only way. Don't worry if you don't get there at first, just get up and do it again. The trick is to adjust your plans though. If they didn't work last time they just need some tweaking and try again. For instance; instead of maybe going on an extreme diet just decide to eat smaller portions while you keep up the exercise. Sometimes it pays well to be kind to yourself.

Happy Manifesting!

Julieanne

JeaneBee said...

I had a stroke at age 30...with a husband and 3 children to care for. It took a while, but I made a full (almost) recovery because I was persistent in my determination to overcome.

My method was EXERCISE...making myself walk, jog, lift weights and then finally seeing the results. I took up tennis as physical therapy and it has been a wonderful experience. I play 2 or 3times a week and have played in National tournaments.

Not bad for a 70 year old grandmother.

I enjoy your site and will be happy to add you to my favorites.

http://superseniorsrock.blogspot.com

Julieanne Paige said...

Hi Jeanbee

Thanks for your comments! I have added you to the new 'Be Inspired To...' list and checked out your blog too. And you are right!... not bad for a 70 year old grandmother :)
I would love to be linked to your site.

Happy Manifesting!

Julieanne

warhead said...

cool........

Julieanne Paige said...

Glad you think so :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Inspirational Lotus Pond