Thank You for visiting Be Inspired Today. We are an Online Spiritual Community that loves to discuss spiritual ideas, books & teachers that have changed our lives!

Please feel free to look around.


Links to Spiritual Coaching Sessions, 'A Course in Miracles' orientated Courses and Counselling and more can be accessed from our site! www.beinspiredtoday.net

Everyone is welcome!

Many Blessings,

Julieanne



Monday, 24 November 2008

Remember...


In Bali there is a tradition that babies are not placed on the floor for 6 months because they are still with God. They are not yet identifying themselves with this world. They are just present.

Tolle explains that as we begin to grow we start to identify ourselves with the sounds that make up our name. We then begin to find identity through our toys and experiences. As we become adults those toys and experiences just become bigger.
As we move through our lives we begin to forget our true selves and look to possess identities.

When these ‘things’ are removed from us we feel a great sense of loss on many occasions but if we choose to ‘remember’ who we are, the essence of our being, we would free ourselves from the fear of loss and the feeling of loss if these situations arise.

When we first meet someone we usually ask ‘So what do you do?’. And we begin to unload a pile of identities that we have created for ourselves. I work here, I studied here, I have this many children etc.

I wonder what the reaction would be if we answered ‘I endeavour to work in the ever present state of I AM.’ I imagine there would be a few strange looks, unless they understood what this meant.

We continually try to identify ourselves with things and accomplishments, however if we decided to ‘work from within’ to create our outer experience we would experience so much more than the temporal joy of ‘things’. We think that these ‘things’ will make us happy but we often find the feeling a little disappointing when we get there.

Many great philosophers have written about this and a running theme is placing importance on ‘knowing ourselves’.

It takes courage to stand for something different. Einstein once said ‘Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds’. When you choose to become aware of the egoic world (the world formed by the ego) you will meet people who think that they have it better organized than you because they have a bigger house, or a nicer car, a better job and will try to convince you that their way is the way you should be heading. This is where it takes courage to ‘know’ that you understand something greater than temporal form. Some would call it faith.

Remember...

Happy Manifesting!

Julieanne

24 comments:

ANDY & MEL LOWE said...

really enjoyed this Julieanne keep up the amazing work

andy & mel x

Susanno said...

I'm from Indonesia, and I just know all this from this post..

You did a great write Julieanne. Thanks for sharing

Julieanne Paige said...

Hi Andy & Mel

Thank you :)

Glad to have you around!

Julieanne

Julieanne Paige said...

Hi Susanno

Thank you and you're welcome :)

It is a beautiful tradition don't you think?

Julieanne

jfmarcelo said...

Hola:
Acabo de ver tu blog.
Espero que visites mis blogs, son fotos de mi pueblo, de España y de Italia y Francia:

http://blog.iespana.es/jfmmzorita

http://blog.iespana.es/jfmm1

http://blog.iespana.es/jfmarcelo

donde encontrarás los enlaces de todos los blogs.
UN SALUDO DESDE ESPAÑA.

Julieanne Paige said...

Gracias por visitar mi blog.
Ire a visitar tus blogs.
Espero verte pronto.

Julieanne

Small Footprints said...

That was lovely ... thank you for sharing it!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

Julieanne Paige said...

Hi Small Footprints

Thank you. I really enjoy your blog as well. Some great tips for keeping green :)

Julieanne

Temple said...

Wonderful words...and I highly recommend throwing a huge yard sale to truly experience how little we possess that we actually need or even want--it makes you look at all that "stuff" in a new light when it's sitting on your yard with little tags all over it while complete strangers wrestle over a 1980's Garfiled flip phone. But, kidding aside, I do think a ritualistic "purging" of "things" is a healthy manifestation.

Lydia said...

Hi Julieanne,

I somehow missed this. So beautiful. What a wonderful job at summarizing! It is very true, we can do with so much less than we all have and still be happy. But why, when it is there for us to have. As long as we have it for the right reasons. For the enjoyment and not to keep up with the Jones's, or just to "have" or haord.

:)

Great stuff! Thanks so much.
lydia

Dawn said...

Your post caught my eye -
I've still not read Tolle's book, but am looking forward to it!
I think I learned early, being raised by a physically disabled mom, that there is so much more to life than 'stuff.' She literally embraced each day she awoke ... as a 'birth' day! She taught me so much more than I realized at the time. Now in my late 40's I am so grateful for all her life modeled for me ...
P.S.
Love the Einstein quote as well.
My 21 year old son needs to read that one - he will enjoy it!

Julieanne Paige said...

Hi temple

Thank you :) Yard sales are a great idea! I have a little saying that I use once a year to go through my home;

'Used it in the last year, love it or lose it.'

It keeps my home clutter free and on an energy level makes room for new 'things' to enter my life.

Hope to see you again soon!

Julieanne

Julieanne Paige said...

Hi Lydia

I completely agree with you. It is all about the attitude.

We wouldn't call a collector a hoarder but if their collecting was interfering with their life then it is a problem.

Our homes are meant to be a sanctuary, somewhere to rest from everyday stresses (if we have them) and express ourselves.

Home is where the heart is not where the house is :)

Julieanne

Julieanne Paige said...

Hi Dawn

Nice to meet you :) We can learn so much from each other sometimes. And I expect growing up in your circumstances causes you to look at life a little more gratefully :)

I hope your son loves that quote. I do.

Julieanne

Laree D said...

this is very nice,julianne...i am so sorry i havent responded to u. i'm still learning the whole blogging thing...

my bookwriters group was a wash...so, i created my groupreaders blog...come and visit.
groupreaders.blogspot.com

and please leave ur comments...i am very interested in wht ppl hav to say.

i will be creating another blog soon. it will b a lot darker. i am posting my son's poems.

here's another blog i am following..dervinskas.blogspot.com.

it's more like a bible study...the guy hasn't posted anything new lately...so i dont kno.

hav you checked out my book on line? its at librarydepot.com the dark wolf.

again i am sorry i didnt respond to u...it wasnt until today that figured out how to get in touch with u.

Laree D.

CoolDeep said...

Hi Juleianne,

Nice post. You have managed to concise the essence of life beautifully.

Your first few paragraphs talks about personality. And I've mentioned in my profile, as to why it is a fake thing. It is sheer camouflage. And people fail to realize this. Almost everybody seems to want to become that somebody or someone. Seldom, people want to become themselves, just the way Existence wanted them to be. A rose is a rose is a rose. But when it comes to human........

In your last para, you have mentioned about becoming something different. It's good to be different, but we should always remember that we shouldn't be obsessed with the idea of becoming different. Once the obsession is there, ego comes to play. And you very well know, what potential ego holds?

Love,
Kuldeep

Julieanne Paige said...

Hi Laree

Thanks for dropping by. Your book looks really interesting and will keep in touch with your blog.

I have started following and if you do decide to start a group let me know :)

I also checked out the other blog and will check back to see if updates are coming. I love to read about people different belief systems.

Speak soon!

Julieanne

Julieanne Paige said...

Hi Kuldeep

I agree obsession is unhealthy. I have lived by a Krishnamurti quote for many years now (in fact thinking about how long it is shows my age ;)) and it is:

'It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society'

I think that it does take courage to think differently from mainstream however obsession would separate us in an unhealthy way.

So in thinking this way I do not shun society but I am aware of it and choose how I allow it to affect me.

And it's true... sometimes it is hard to find a genuine personality... but not impossible

Speak soon!

Julieanne

Laree D said...

thnx, for coming by groupreaders. and you r so rite. humans r very adaptable creatures, thats y we r at the top of the food chain.

we as americans will get through this and will deffinetly figure something out.

give me a few days and i will hav another post for all of you.

laree d.

Laree D said...

hello julianne. I just poated a new post on groupreaders.blogspot.com feel free to come by and check it out.

i hope you had a good thanksgiving and i wish you all the best.

Laree D.

The Secret Corridor said...

What a wonderful blog you have! I shall enjoy reading through your posts. Thank you for adding me to your be inspired list :o)

Julieanne Paige said...

Hi Secret Corridor

Thank you :) I also loved your blog... wish I was crafty although I do have to say I do love to crosstitch and I can crochet so I suppose I am a little crafty... just a bit ;)

Julieanne

hamad uzair said...

World Most popular Upcoming Latest cars and vehicles, Latest Mazda Models, Racing Cars, International Sport Cars, Concept Cars, PS-Pod, Strange Vehicles, Nissan, Royce Corniche, Ford Concept Cars, Strange Vehicles, Mercedes and More Sport Cars and Vehicles with Pictures and Info
WorldLatestVehicles.com

Michael Syaukas said...

Thanks for your very useful Information. I will bookmark for next reference. I really liked this part of the article. with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know. you need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this. Success for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Inspirational Lotus Pond