Thank You for visiting Be Inspired Today. We are an Online Spiritual Community that loves to discuss spiritual ideas, books & teachers that have changed our lives!

Please feel free to look around.


Links to Spiritual Coaching Sessions, 'A Course in Miracles' orientated Courses and Counselling and more can be accessed from our site! www.beinspiredtoday.net

Everyone is welcome!

Many Blessings,

Julieanne



Wednesday, 1 April 2009

Eckhart Tolle - The End of Suffering

Eckhart Tolle speaks about how to find yourself in a position to really be able to surrender to your true self, and how suffering can be your most important teacher.

4 comments:

Lydia said...

Hi Julieanne,

This was a nice piece by Tolle. Something went wrong with the audio about 3/4 of the way for me, but I do also have this on CD. Back a few years go, my girls got me lots of his audio books and lectures. I love re-listening to many of them. He is so right that suffering is in the mind, as are all things. We make ourselves suffer, pure and simple. And I believe part of his message is just that. Realize this and be free. This of course is also the lessons...he says we need. To know this. Once we do know, we can be free of it.

Thanks so much for the reminders!
:)
lydia

Julieanne said...

Hi Lydia

It is so true, unfortunately many of us seeing suffering as a negative thing. It might not feel so great but there is always room for growth.

Will check out the audio :)

Hope all well with you

Julieanne

Gene said...

Hi Julieanne. I like Tolle also and found his book Practicing the Power of Now to be transformational. I prefer the book to his audio (voice) for some reason and found it to be meaningful each time I read it.

It is also an easy read for me and I don't like to read.

Then there is Lydia who never stops reading except to watch movies, of course!

Cheers,

Gene

Julieanne said...

Hi Gene!

nice to see you over here :) I did start to listen to the audio but prefer the book as well... so you are not alone :)

Lydia and I are like 2 peas in a pod when it comes to books. We both love them, in fact I had another one arrive yesterday which means now I am reading 5 books. It is something you have to love and it definitely is something I love to do. If I had nothing else to do I would be reading all the time :)but am also a big movie buff.

Thanks for visiting, hope to see you again soon!

Julieanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Inspirational Lotus Pond