Thank You for visiting Be Inspired Today. We are an Online Spiritual Community that loves to discuss spiritual ideas, books & teachers that have changed our lives!

Please feel free to look around.


Links to Spiritual Coaching Sessions, 'A Course in Miracles' orientated Courses and Counselling and more can be accessed from our site! www.beinspiredtoday.net

Everyone is welcome!

Many Blessings,

Julieanne



Thursday, 9 April 2009

Right Action


‘The ego asks, How can I make this situation fulfill my needs or how can I get to some other situation that will fulfill my needs?’

Tolle

Whenever we are looking for solutions, it is important to remember to pause, remove yourself and the needs of the ego and the solution will come to you.

You can apply this idea to every decision you make, once you realise that it is possible to work from the present state of I Am.

So what can you do to start working in ‘right action’? To find this place of peace there are a few questions you can ask of yourself.

Am I looking for a solution that is in some way preserving an idea or situation that is not beneficial to all concerned?

How am I going to feel if I react in this way?

Is there something I can learn about myself from this situation?

Am I prepared to deny the ego?

One of the simplest ways to find solutions is to consider if everyone involved in the situation is going to benefit from your solution. As you come to the understanding that we are all here to learn something, that will become your focus instead of reacting from a place of fear or fear of loss. When you make the decision to benefit all concerned, the rewards are guaranteed to be much greater than when you are working from an angle of self-preservation.

Our emotions are a great guidance system, and if something is not sitting well with you then it is out of alignment with your true self and you can begin to work on repairing the situation by injecting a dose of presence and unconditional love. It is important not to judge a situation but to look at it as an experience that is happening and an opportunity for growth and/or forgiveness.

There is always something to learn if you are truly honest with yourself. You are an expression of your most dominant thoughts. And when a situation presents itself in your life, the wisest thing you can do is to consider it as a mirror, as it has been presented to you for a reason. And the beautiful thing is that if you miss the mark the first time, it will appear again so you will never lose your opportunity to learn. From this perspective you can understand the rewards that can come from taking a moment to be quiet and consider what is the right action, for you and the people around you.

When you accept that you can not lose when reacting in this way, you have accepted that you are on a beautiful journey and one that far surpasses anything that you could hope to preserve.


Happy Manifesting!

Julieanne

8 comments:

Lydia said...

Hi Julieanne,
I love the part about it being a mirror. It is so true about every single thing. Everything is a reflection there for us to learn from. I think if we keep at it and try to see why and how each thing comes to us (like my mouse) then we can realize how we create all of it.

Thanks Julieanne, you do a great job of writing.

talk soon!,
lydia

Julieanne said...

Hi Lydia!

Thank you. It is a great perception to take on and I personally have been able to use it to ask myself what is the situation telling me. I have evn recently had to take on this perception with a noisy neighbour and was a hard one to figure out as I couldn't figure out why i had attracted discord but it became apparent and the situation was diffused with a friendly compromise.

I just hope your mouse story hasn't attracted one for me ;)

Speak soon!

Julieanne

Todd Schaefer, SSG Admin said...

Another beautiful, illuminating article. Thanks for the reminder that a spiritual solution is one in which everyone wins. Thanks Julieanne!

Julieanne said...

Hi Todd!

Thank you :) It is a great place to work from once you know you can apply it to every situation. This is why I shared that I had applied it to a noisy neighbour. And it is 'oh so quiet' today :)

Julieanne

Rudy said...

Another great write Julie, I'm with you about not to judge and forgiveness. Both of them enlighten inside us. Thanks for this inspiring post.

Rudy

Julieanne said...

Hi Rudy

You're welcome! Forgiveness does make all the difference and when we get a hold on this it definitely changes our life.

Blessings

Julieanne

TREASUREDTHOUGHTS said...

Julieanne,

This article really caught my attention. Please I am trying to understand. (You can tell I am still at a confused stage..smile.) It is safe to say then that every situation that arises is a mirror of you or what is going on inside of you and there is always a lesson to be learned from it. And that when trying to choose the best solution to the the situation at hand, it must benefit all that is concerned. That is a very tall order...pardon my skepticism. I have been let down numerous times and I am still trying to rise from that. Is it my ego that just said that? It must be. I think I am in SURVIVAL MODE right now. I am learning as I trudge along this journey called life. Thank you Julieanne for reminding me of the positive and keeping the torch lit so I may catch a glimpse of some hope.

Julieanne said...

Hi Treasured Thoughts,

The idea of the mirror comes from an acceptance of the understanding that we are all connected and we are 'one'.

When we choose to find solutions that are beneficial to all involved we have consciously decided to work from a place of love and forgiveness.

If someone has hurt you and you decide that they don't deserve to be a part of a situation that benefit them then you will find many times that the situation will not be resolved. The same lesson will return until we recognize that there is something to learn from it.

When you first choose to start to work from a place of presence the ego will definitely fight to prove itself right and the other person wrong. When I first decided to act consciously and find solutions this way I began to forgive the person involved and forgive myself for the same thing.It does sound a little strange at first but brings a sense of peace that is so much better than trying to hold onto the pain, which many of us do.

If you feel like you have been let down by someone, forgive them and forgive yourself. The truth of the matter is that if they knew better, they would do better.While you are choosing to remain in situations from the past you are removing the opportunity to enjoy the present moment, which is the only place that you will find the joy and happiness you are looking for.

This is where it becomes a choice. Will you choose to allow this person to hurt you on a frequent basis? You can then ask yourself why? There will always be a reason for what is happening to us and this is where the mirror idea is useful. It is an opportunity to be really honest with yourself by looking at the other person in the situation and choosing to understand that we are without a doubt 'one'.

With this in mind there is only 2 ways to react - with love or fear. To react in love repairs the collective consciousness and to react in fear keeps us separate from the collective.

The best way to start acting from a place of love is to begin with loving and respecting yourself.And just to recognize and become aware of this is a step in the right direction.

I hope this has helped :)

Blessings,

Julieanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Inspirational Lotus Pond