Thank You for visiting Be Inspired Today. We are an Online Spiritual Community that loves to discuss spiritual ideas, books & teachers that have changed our lives!

Please feel free to look around.


Links to Spiritual Coaching Sessions, 'A Course in Miracles' orientated Courses and Counselling and more can be accessed from our site! www.beinspiredtoday.net

Everyone is welcome!

Many Blessings,

Julieanne



Tuesday, 15 September 2009

Our Deepest Fear by Marianne Williamson




I shared this recently in the Be Inspired Today Forum and thought I would share it here as well.


“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”


This quote was taken from 'A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles' by Marianne Williamson

Happy Manifesting!

Julieanne

15 comments:

ARTISANNE said...

Thanks, I enjoyed reading that :0)

Gaia said...

I needed this post at this very moment. Just had a long discussion with my son about how not to let others stop you from being the best. Not to let others put you down. You have every right to shine.

Thank you and God Bless.

Lydia said...

Hi Julieanne,

Nice post. Have you started to read her books also? I really enjoyed one of her books (can't recall the name right now...) but sometimes she seems to mix acim teaching with other stuff when writing about acim. She is lovely to read though, and you found a really nice quote of hers. Yes, no one should ever stop us from who we REALLY are. (including or especially ourselves, right? :) ) Thanks so much!
lydia

Julieanne said...

Hi Artisanne :)

So did I :)

Blessings,

Julieanne said...

Hi Gaia,

So happy to hear that :)God Bless you too as I know He does :)

Blessings,

Julieanne said...

Hi Lydia,

I have read A Return to Love. Was one of the books that led me to check out ACIM more.I will definitely read more of her in the future. She is very easy to read.

It is funny how we shrink sometimes for others. When we think about it it makes no sense but I suppose there is the fear of being perceived as arrogance, or of failure. Fear or Love?

Speak soon!

Blessings x

Angels.Among.Us.Livingin3D said...

Thank you, so glad I checked you out today. this is what I needed most... even me, who is positive and happy almost all the time.... I to needed to hear this today...I will print this out and put it at my desk to read all day tomorrow.

thank you.. I'm inspired to be me..:)
Deb

Julieanne said...

Hi Angels Among Us!

I am so glad to hear that. I may print it off myseld, definitely something worth being reminded of :)

Blessings,

Dori said...

I love this quote :-)

Julieanne said...

Hi Dori!

Happy to hear it :)

Blessings,

Being Me said...

This is inspiring. Thank you
BM

Julieanne said...

Hi Being Me!

Glad you enjoyed it :)

Blessings,

Being Me said...

A lil somehting for you at my blog.
Cheers
BM

Anonymous said...

Hi Marianne,

Another great post from you guys. Infact, I have lived most of my life till now in fear and anxiety, and it's only recently , I have started practicing being in the now and going beyond fear. It's amazing, how it changes our view/interpretation of the world and love seems to flow out automatically from within us.

Thanks for the wonderful post

Love and Peace,

Anupam
Book Marq

Julieanne said...

Hi Anupam!

Thanks for your great comments.It is a life changing perspective to take on and am so happy to hear it has come into your awareness. Thanks for visiting and hope to see you again soon!

Blessings,

Julieanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Inspirational Lotus Pond