Thank You for visiting Be Inspired Today. We are an Online Spiritual Community that loves to discuss spiritual ideas, books & teachers that have changed our lives!

Please feel free to look around.


Links to Spiritual Coaching Sessions, 'A Course in Miracles' orientated Courses and Counselling and more can be accessed from our site! www.beinspiredtoday.net

Everyone is welcome!

Many Blessings,

Julieanne



Thursday, 3 December 2009

The Honey Being


'The word honey isn’t honey. You can study and talk about honey for as long as you like, but you won’t really know it until you taste it.’

Eckhart Tolle

This is a fundamental truth of spiritual experience. We can memorise, intellectualise, theorise and profess understandings of spiritual experience but until we have actually had a spiritual experience how can we know what it is?

This is why we focus on the present moment as there is no other place to experience anything. You can’t experience anything in the future... it will be experienced in the Now and the same for the past.

If we are truly searching for the experience of presence all we need do is stop... be still. Choose to become aware of what we are doing and are surrounded by.

Tolle writes in an earlier chapter about accepting whatever is happening now. If you are for instance feeling lazy, then immerse yourself completely into the laziness. Feel it, experience it. When we choose to accept what is we remove any opportunity for guilt or blame and take responsibility for ourselves.

When we are not feeling guilty or blaming others for what is or what is not we can then begin to look at why we are experiencing the world with the perception we have of it.

For some of us we are happy with our perception of the world around us - for others, not so much. If you find yourself in the ‘not so much’ category choose to be still and accept.

One way that is sure to bring you out of the present moment is denial... so choose not to deny what is happening around you. When you choose not to deny a circumstance you give yourself something to work with; something to work with in the present moment -which, of course, is the only place that anything can be worked on.

Choose the experience! Choose to feel your circumstance! Choose to feel life! And choose to do it now... because it is the only ‘time’ you can.



Happy Manifesting!

Julieanne

15 comments:

Michelle (hometc) said...

Hi Julieanne,
Great post and great blog. I feel that the LOA led me here. I will be following! I love reading, especially spiritual books, I love the journey I'm on.

Namaste,
Michelle

Julieanne said...

Hi Michelle!

So happy to have come across you and your blog. I look forward to sharing this journey with you :)

Blessings,

Julieanne

Ailurophile said...

Great words indeed. Truly inspirational. Hope all has been well and you had a very Happy Thanksgiving. Best wishes for the upcoming Holiday season too.

Julieanne said...

Hi Ailurophile!

Thank you for your kind words :) Wishing you a blessed Holiday Season!

Blessings,

Julieanne

FishHawk said...

"Be Inspired Today" has been included in this weeks Sites To See. I hope you like the image I featured, and I hope this helps to attract many new visitors here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2009/12/sites-to-see_11.html

Small Footprints said...

Wonderful post! One of my "tricks" for living in the moment is to pay attention to every single detail of some small activity. For example, when I wash the dishes, I try to notice everything ... how the water feels, how the soap looks, how the water seems to layer across a plate. This has helped me to live in the present and ... it turns out that paying attention to everything is a lot of fun!

Thank you for continuing to encourage and enlighten us!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

Homeless Blogger said...

Hey, I have not seen you on my blog for ages! Don't you need 300 credits???

Cyrus Rumi said...

Happy New Year!

Cyrus :)

Being Me said...

Hi Julieanne,
Choose to feel now.. tell myself that all the time, simple to say but really hard to do, only sometimes do we get it right...
Thanks for the post.

BM

Tomas said...

I like the quote and your post. They both are so true.
I tried to fit each word to my personal experience and thus had just fabulous mind travels. So to speak, the taste was unforgettable (I have 6 blogs) and just incredibly bitter at the same time, because I imagined a book that composed of my web confessions and saw her illusoriness (my health state plus living reality allow just dreaming about what could be in case it would be) to me...
You end your post so wonderfully: Choose the experience!
Oh! If I just could!
So I am inviting you to browse through my archives on a web.
I hope you will enjoy my artworks and ,maybe, the miracle would happen.
It would be so grand to meet with benefactor who would agree to become the publisher of the art by Tomas.
Is that possible?

Julieanne said...

Hi Small Footprints!

That is a perfect time to practice being present. Noticing every detail about an experience completely changes it into something much more interesting ;)

Thank you for your kind words and your continuing efforts in keeping everyone green :)

Blessings,

Julieanne

Julieanne said...

Hi FishHawk!

Thank you so much :)

Blessings,

Julieanne

Julieanne said...

Happy New Year Cyrus!... and everyone! :)

Blessings,

Julieanne said...

Hi Being Me!

It is a beautiful decision to make :)

Blessings,

Julieanne

Julieanne said...

Hi Tomas!

You are certainly soemeone that does choose the experience. Your artwork is definitely a blessing. I hope you will continue to share it in the forum as I have just started a group there dedicated to artists. Hope to see you there soon.

Many Blessings,

Julieanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Inspirational Lotus Pond